Production Times for Your Self-Published Work
What's the turnaround time for book printing?
Can you print my book faster, if needed?
Here's what self-publishers need to know about the time to process an order.
Print Production Speeds for Self-Publishers
When you publish with DiggyPOD, your books are printed in 10 business days, max, or in as little as 2 business days (48 Hours).
DiggyPOD offers the following options for manufacturing time:
- Normal (5-10 business days)
- Rush (3-5 business days)
- Super Rush (2 business days)
Important things to note about putting your book into production:
- Turnaround times are based on PDF ready-to-print files being submitted.
- Production speed is based on business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays)
- Production time does not begin until the author has approved all proofs.
- If you approve your proofs before 2 p.m. EDT on Monday and choose 2-day production, your order will ship on Wednesday.
- If you approve your proofs after 2 p.m. EDT on Monday and choose 2-day production, your order will ship on Thursday.
Note that production time is separate from shipping time. In most cases it is cheaper to upgrade your production speed, instead of using overnight, 2nd day, or 3 day shipping. When selecting the upgraded shipping speeds it's like buying an airline ticket for your books and can get quite expensive.
Need Faster Book Printing Services
We will work with you to make sure that you get your books delivered for a book signing, event, or back orders you need to fulfill.
If you need your self-published book faster than our Super Rush printing production speed, we do offer a 24 hour or 1 day turnaround service. If you need this kind of service, please feel free to give us a call to make sure we can meet your publishing deadline.
Book Production Updates
As your self-published book moves through the book manufacturing process, we send you updates at every stage of the print production phases.
Updates that will be sent via email:
- Order Received.
- Emails about any technical issues with the book files.
- When proofs are uploaded.
- Estimated ship date once proofs are approved.
- When the book is printing.
- When the book is in Binding.
- And when the book ships along with the tracking number.
At DiggyPOD, we know how much work you have put into your self-published book. Not only do we email you, but we will also give you a call when there is technical issue, or when we have uploaded proofs for your review. DiggyPOD believes that the author should know exactly what stage of print production their self-published book is during the book manufacturing process.
Have a question about production times when self-publishing with DiggyPOD? Call us at (877) 944-7844. Our friendly and helpful customer service agents are standing by.